At Cheslyn Hay we aim to:
- Promote the spiritual, moral, social, cultural, mental and physical development of all pupils.
- Nurture a responsible attitude towards personal relationships including aspects of mutual respect, care and to develop sensitivity towards the needs of others.
- Develop positive relationships and respect for difference and diversity, avoiding prejudice and stereotyping.
- Prepare pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life in order to be positive and active members of a democratic society.
- Help pupils to identify the characteristics of healthy relationships, how relationships may affect mental and physical health; and how to stay safe online.
- Provide pupils with a toolkit for understanding and managing their emotions, helping them to develop feelings of self-respect, confidence and empathy.
- Teach pupils how to make informed choices.
- Create a positive culture around issues of sexuality and relationships.
- To help pupils be prepared for puberty and adulthood.
- At Cheslyn Hay we operate an ‘open door’ policy where there are good levels of communication with all stakeholders.